Widely regarded as the world’s best rock climber, Adam Ondra requires no introduction.
Born in 1993 in Brno, Czech Republic to climber parents, Adam was a pre-teen wunderkind who had climbed 5.14d/9a by age 13. After traveling the world dispatching many of the hardest established climbs, Adam has grown to become a cutting-edge first ascensionist, envisioning and executing the hardest climbs on the planet, often in only a handful of tries.
Adam has made climbing history numerous times, introducing the world to both the 5.15c/9b+ and 5.15d/9c grades with his ascents of Change in 2012 and Silence in 2017 (both in Flatanger, Norway) and becoming the first person to flash 5.15a/9a+ via Super Crackinette in St. Leger, France. His competition resume is equally as impressive—Adam has won several World Cup titles and is the only male climber to have won the World Championships in both lead and bouldering in the same year—and he is currently training hard for Tokyo 2020, where climbing will make its debut in the Olympic Games.
- First ascent of Silence (5.15d/9c), Flatanger, Norway - first of the grade
- Second ascent of the Dawn Wall (5.14d/9a), Yosemite National Park, CA
- 2016 World Championships, Paris, France: First place lead, second place bouldering
- 2014 World Championships: First place lead in Gijon, first place bouldering in Munich
- Onsight of Il Domani (5.14d/9a) onsight 2014, Baltzola, Spain
- Flash of Super Crackinette (5.15a/9a+), St. Léger, France
- First ascent of Terranova (V16/8C+), Moravsky kras, Czech Republic
- First ascent of Change (5.15c/9b+), Flatanger, Norway - first of the grade
Videos Ft. Adam
BD Athlete Adam Ondra: The American Road Trip—Battling Belly Full of Bad Berries (5.13b)
BD Athlete Adam Ondra: The Just Do It (5.14c) Onsight
BD Athlete Adam Ondra: The American Road Trip—Supercrack of the Desert
BD Athlete Adam Ondra: The American Road Trip—A Visit to the Black Diamond Headquarters
Adam's Top Gear Picks
"I have been using the Livewire Quickdraws for the last 8 years, and I have no intention to change. It is the evergreen. In sportclimbing, it is not really the weight, but rather the comfort which really counts. And this one is the most comfortable draw I have ever touched. With this one, I can hang the draw and clip it the fastest."
Pipe Dream 45 Crash Pad Pack
Der Artikel ist zurzeit nicht verfügbar.