Distance Z Trekking Poles - 2017
DescriptionWhether a classic ridge run is calling your name or a spicy day hike beckons, Black Diamond’s Distance Z can answer the call. Our most affordable Z-pole, it features aluminum construction and a three-section foldable design that allows for fast-response deployment, so you’ll never miss out on a mountaintop sunset because you’re fiddling with your poles. Non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and a lightweight, EVA foam grip lend the Distance Z comfort and practicality.
- Lightweight, EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking grip
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable design with speed-cone deployment
- Aluminum construction
- Interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher to secure folded sections
Z-Pole Rapid Deployment System
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from our expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.