Boundary 100 Ski - Fall 17
Item currently unavailable
DescriptionFrom heart-of-winter pow turns to closing-day mashed potatoes, the Black Diamond Boundary 100 ski is a hard-charging freeride ski that handles the full spectrum of snow conditions on either side of the rope. Designed with a versatile 100-mm waist, poplar wood core and pre-preg fiberglass layup, the Boundary features a modern rockered shape that’s floaty enough for storm days while still remaining maneuverable and stiff enough for the chop. To eliminate chatter, our Sidewall Dampening System uses a multi-density sidewall panel just behind the contact point to create an ultra-damp vibration barrier between the ski tip and the binding.
- Versatile 100-mm waist for performance in variable conditions
- Rocker tip and tail with traditional camber underfoot
- 3D Sandwich construction with pre-preg fiberglass, stacked sidewalls and poplar wood core
- Sidewall Dampening System for reduced chatter in firm conditions
- Optimal use: 50% soft snow / 50% hard snow
- ABS skin notch
Boundary Ski Series Construction
Sidewall Damping System
To bring the dampness of a freeride ski to a lightweight backcountry construction, we employed a layer of rubber in the sidewalls of the ski, slightly behind the contact point. This innovative construction greatly reduces chatter in firmer conditions and allows us to forgo the use of metal in the layup, creating a ski that is extremely damp with drastic weight savings over traditional freeride constructions.