Black Diamond Equipment
VaporLock Magnetron Carabiner
Our light and versatile pear-shaped locking biner with the security and ease-of-use of our innovative Magnetron Technology, the Magnetron VaporLock is ideal for long free routes. READ MORE
Our light and versatile pear-shaped locking biner with the security and ease-of-use of our innovative Magnetron Technology, the Magnetron VaporLock is ideal for long free routes. Learn More
DescriptionOur lightest pear-shaped locking biner, outfitted with our innovative Magnetron Technology, the Black Diamond Magnetron VaporLock is the ultimate lightweight locker for long free climbs and shaving grams off of your rack. Magnetron Technology uses a steel insert in the nose of the carabiner and two magnetic arms in the gate for a super-secure, super-fast and easy-to-use locking mechanism.
- Innovative gate design uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for super-secure, interference-free closure
- Pear shape increases friction up to 30% when lowering or rappelling with an ATC
- Munter hitch compatible on ropes up to 9.4 mm
- Keylock nose doesn't snag
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
Weight : 56 g (2 oz)
Closed Gate Strength : 21 kN (4,721 lbf)
Open Gate Strength : 7 kN (1,574 lbf)
Minor Axis Strength : 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
Gate Opening : 20 mm (0.79 in)