Black Diamond Equipment
PIEPS iProbe Two
PIEPS’ revolutionary automatic electronic avalanche probe, updated with a longer 300-cm length for deep snow packs, complex instabilities and fast, accurate searching. READ MORE
SPECIAL SNOW SAFETY PACKAGE: BUY ANY SHOVEL AND ANY PROBE TOGETHER AND RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT.
PIEPS’ revolutionary automatic electronic avalanche probe, updated with a longer 300-cm length for deep snow packs, complex instabilities and fast, accurate searching. Learn More
DescriptionThe PIEPS iProbe II adds speed and accuracy to avalanche rescue searches by combining PIEPS’ avalanche beacon electronics with a standard avalanche probe. In the event of an avalanche, the PIEPS iProbe II takes the guesswork out of searching by incorporating a low-range receiver beacon into the probe tip, allowing for increased strike area with optical and acoustical feedback to help pinpoint burials. The iProbe II features an auto on-off feature that turns the probe on when deployed and turns it off when folded. The 300-cm length provides maximum length for deep North American snowpacks, complex instabilities and improved avalanche education. The iProbe II also functions as a standard probe thanks to its fast-deploying speed-cone design, widened tip for pentrating avalanche debris, and collapsible, packable design.
- Auto-switch ON by deploying; auto-switch OFF by folding
- Probe tip with integrated receiver—locates every avalanche transmitter
- Clear optical and acoustic target indicator that detects active signal from any standard beacon
- Automatically deactivates any PIEPS beacon when the tip of the probe is within 30 cm of the victim (no strike needed); this transmitting signal deactivation will continue until the iProbe II is removed
- Compatible with PIEPS Micro, DSP Pro, DSP Sport, DSP (with software version 5.0 or greater), DSP Tour, and Freeride
Length : 300 cm (9 ft 10 in)
Frequency : 457 kHz (EN 300718)
Battery Life : 150 h
Maximum Range : 2 m (6.5 ft)
Power Supply : 1 Alkaline AA