8.5 Dry Climbing Rope
£155.00 £170.00 £100.75 £170.00
The Black Diamond 8.5 is a versatile twin or half rope designed to handle winter mountaineering excursions or summer alpine rock. A dry treated core and sheath combined with a burly 2X2 weave sheath makes the 8.5 durable and reliable for high mountain adventures.
- Standard delivery within 5 business days
- Free shipping over 100 GBP otherwise 8.95 GBP
- No additional VAT or duty charges
Built for versatility, the Black Diamond 8.5 scales both rock and ice. Designed to be used as half ropes or in a twin configuration, the 8.5 features a dry treated core and sheath to repel moisture from the inside out. The sheath's 2X2 weave construction increases the 8.5's lifespan, while the middle marker is easily identifiable for rappels.
- Dry Performance—With a core and sheath that are dry treated, our dry treated ropes are protected against weather from the inside out
- 2X2 Woven Sheath—Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, our standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Durability and Handling Balance—Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, our ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, yet holds up to a barrage of use
- Half/twin ropes must be used in pairs. Do not use as a single rope
2 Year Warranty
We trust what we make because we use what we make. All Black Diamond products are covered by a two year warranty policy.
Rope Dynamic Elongation
Rope Factor Falls
Rope Half Mark
Rope Impact Force
Rope Sheath Slipperage
Rope Static Elongation
Rope Weight per Meter
|35% [Half] 33% [Twin]||10 [Half] 17 [Twin]||Yes||5 kN [Half] 7.7 [Twin]||0.1%||7% [Half and Twin]||Half/Twin||46 g (1.62 oz)||50M, 60M, 70M|