Item # BD210157
- Standard delivery within 5 business days
- Free shipping over 2000 NOK otherwise 200 NOK
HotWire Carabiner Product Details
The biner that started the wiregate revolution, the new and improved Black Diamond HotWire carabiner is an integral part of any climber's rack, due to its versatility. Equally at home on either end of a quickdraw, racking cams or on alpine slings, the HotWire excels as a multi-use wire gate carabiner. With updated geometry and a hot-forged construction—allowing us to remove weight where it’s not needed and add material where durability is key—the updated HotWire has a deeper basket for better clipping, while the hinge-end basket is flatter to hold the webbing of quickdraws more securely. A larger rope bearing surface adds durability not only for the carabiner, but for your rope as well. We’ve also optimized the nose geometry to allow for efficient rope clipping and clipping and unclipping from bolts. The HotWire is a modern classic and ideal for everything from after-work sport cragging to big-wall free climbing and long alpine ice routes.
- Hot-Forged for lighter-weight construction
- Larger rope-bearing surface for added durability
- Lightweight and versatile size for all-around use
- Does not freeze up in alpine conditions
- Available as a single in three colors.
- Closed Gate Strength 24 kN (5,395 lbf)
- Display Weight 40 g (1.4oz)
- Gate Opening 27 mm (1.06 in)
- Minor Axis Strength 8 kN (1798 lbf)
- Open Gate Strength 8 kN (1798 lbf)