Claire Buhrfeind grew up a long way from real rock, in Plano, Texas, where she began climbing in the gym at the age of 10. She fell in love with competing, and now represents the US on the international circuit in lead, bouldering, and speed. Claire is focused on training for all three disciplines, and is interested in competing in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
Climbing has given Claire the opportunity to see the world, and though her local crag may be a gym, she is passionate about exploring her abilities and pushing her limits outside, and has already ticked a number of 5.14s in between her rigorous competition and training schedule. Claire is psyched to continue to travel, compete, and adventure with friends as long as she can.
- Joe Blau (5.14c), Oliana, Spain
- Lucifer (5.14c), Red River Gorge, KY
- Southern Smoke (5.14c), Red River Gorge, KY
- 2017 World Youth Championship - First place Lead and Bouldering
- 2016 World Championship - Second place overall
- Four-time US Open National Champion
- US National Team Member, 2014-Present
Videos Ft. Claire
Claire Buhrfeind: Road to the Innsbruck World Championships
Claire's Top Gear Picks
"I love the Zone harness! So comfortable and light; it fits me perfectly. It’s great for both projecting and competing."
Please make a selection
Zone Harness - Women's
Creek 35 Pack
Out of Stock