Alex Honnold is a professional rock climber whose audacious free-solo ascents of America’s biggest cliffs have made him one of the most recognized and followed climbers in the world. A gifted but hard-working athlete, Alex “No Big Deal” Honnold is known as much for his humble, self-effacing attitude as he is for the dizzyingly tall cliffs he has climbed without a rope. Honnold
has been profiled by 60 Minutes and the New York Times, featured on the cover of National Geographic, appeared in international television commercials and starred in numerous adventure films including the Emmy-nominated “Alone on the Wall” and the Oscar-winning documentary "Free Solo."
Honnold is the founder of the Honnold Foundation, an environmental non-profit. And to this day, he maintains his simple “dirtbag-climber” existence, living out of his van and traveling the world in search of the next great vertical adventure.
- First and only free solo of Freerider (5.13a/7c+), El Capitan, Yosemite National Park, CA
- First and only free solo of Northwest Face (5.12a/7a+), Half Dome, Yosemite National Park, CA
- First and only free solo of El Sendero Luminoso (5.12d/7c), El Potrero Chico, Mexico
- First and only free solo of Moonlight Buttress (5.12d/7c), Zion National Park, UT
- First solo of Yosemite “Triple”: Mt. Watkins, Half Dome and El Capitan alone, in under 24 hrs
- Speed record on the Nose (5.9 C2) of El Capitan with Tommy Caldwell in 1:58:07
- First ascent of the Fitz Traverse, Argentine Patagonia with Tommy Caldwell
- Winner of the 2015 Piolets d’Or for the first ascent of the Fitz Traverse
Videos Ft. Alex
The Honnold Collection
HonnSolo Soloing Airbag Pack
Alex Honnold Climbs Angola
Hot Forge Heated Chalk Bag
Alex's Top Gear Picks
"Black Gold is pretty much the only chalk I use, so it must work well enough :)"
Veuillez faire une sélection